Halloween is all about the sweets… and the sips! I recently came across some delicious and adorable Halloween cocktails and just had to share with all of you. Mix up a few of these for your spooky celebrations and you’ll be the most popular hostess around!
CANDY CORN JELL-O SHOTS
These little babies are super cute and the coconut jello on top mixed with the orange is de-li-cious. They taste like little orange jello creamsicles (yet there is almost an entire bottle of Pinnacle whipped cream flavored vodka inside, watch out!)
For a kid friendly, non-alcoholic version just use cold water with a teaspoon of vanilla instead of vodka.
The step by step is the same as with the mini watermelon jello shots, with the addition of one more layer of jello.
1 box orange jello
1 can coconut milk
1 envelope Knox geletin
1/4 cup sugar
1 bottle Pinnacle whipped cream flavored vodka
1. Prepare oranges by cutting them in halves and hollowing out the peel. This may sound easier than it is. The trick is to take a paring knife and score around the insides to carefully loosen the citrus, then spoon it out. Arrange the hollowed out orange bowls on a cookie sheet (securely upright) or in a cupcake pan.
For Orange Layer
2. Boil one cup of water then stir in packet of orange jello. When dissolved slowly add one cup of vodka and stir. Pour orange mixture into the orange peels, filling half way. Let refrigerated for at least 2-3 hours or until firm.
For White Layer
3. Pour 1/2 a cup of water and 1/2 a cup of coconut milk into a sauce pan and then sprinkle1 packet of Knox gelatin on top. Let is sit for one minute, then turn on medium heat and stir until dissolved. Add 1/4 cup sugar and heat until dissolved. Turn off the heat and wait until the mixture is just warm and then add 1/2 a cup of vodka. Pour into oranges on top of orange jello layer.
4. Let refrigerate overnight.
5. Quarter the halves with a sharp knife, then cut those halves in half again.
SPICED APPLE CIDER CHAMPAGNE COCKTAILS
• 2 ounces Tennessee Cider (you can sub apple brandy if you cannot find Tennessee Cider)
• 2 ounce fresh apple cider
• 3-4 ounces chilled champagne
1. Pour the Tennessee Cider into the bottom of each glass. Add the champagne and top with a splash of the fresh apple cider.
Stay tuned because we’ll have another boozy Halloween cocktail treat recipe for you on Tuesday!
Blog by Hope[ssboost]