Tangled hair can be such a pain!
Do you love your hair but absolutely hate combing out the tangles? You are not alone. As stylists, we hate it too. It slows down productivity and usually is very uncomfortable for our guest.
But why does your hair tangle in the first place? Most of the time it is due to a “roughed-up” cuticle. The cuticle is the outside layer of your hair. It can become rough for many reasons. Over-use of heat styling, poor hair color, and not using quality home care products are the most common culprits. For some, it is just their natural hair texture and actually grows that way!
Here are a few ideas to help you deal with your snarled mess:
- Gently brush your hair with a boar bristle cushion brush like Spornette BEFORE shampooing.
- Apply your sulfite-free conditioner in the shower (we like the new Anti- Frizz Butter Mask from Alfaparf Milano) to the mid shaft and ends and work the tangles out with a BIG wide tooth comb that you keep in your shower.
- Gently wrap your hair in a micro-fiber hair towel and pat it dry instead of rubbing.
- Before styling, use a thermal protecting product and start detangling very gently from the bottom of your hair up taking small sections using a Tangle Teaser comb (ask us about this – it’s awesome!).
- And please, please remember…ripping through your hair leads to breakage and thinning hair so don’t do it!
Blog by Lauren Hart[/fusion_builder_column][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][ssboost][/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]