As we approach the spooky holiday this weekend, get ready to have your socks scared off. Once all the candy is given out & the night comes to an end, grab some popcorn, snuggle up & put on one of these movies to enjoy the spooks & thrills of Halloween!
- Halloween- The original, as one of the most iconic movies of all time starring Jamie Lee Curtis and launching the career of John Carpenter this movie has been a staple in the horror industry! Not to mention making Michael Myers- the mask legendary!!!
- The Shining- Literally dozens of Stephen King’s novels and stories have been adapted for the big screen, and several of those films are considered classics today. But the mother of them all is easily Stanley Kubrick’s adaptation of The Shining, a psychological horror film.
- Insidious- this supernatural thriller about a young boy who falls into a coma and begins to channel a malevolent spirit is definitely a movie that continues to send shivers down ones spine!
- It- Whether it’s the 2017 remake or the original 1990 made for TV. The fear of clowns is a very real thing, even if it’s become so commonplace to announce it that it feels disingenuous. This classic Steven King thriller has gone down in history as one of the scariest pieces of art ever created!
- The Exorcist- William Friedkin’s adaptation of the novel about a demon-possessed child and the attempts to banish said demon became the highest-grossing R-rated horror film ever and the first to be nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars!
Blog by: Mikee